Published on October 22nd, 2013 | by neluttu
Quick round up of today’s Apple event
If you missed Apple’s livestream from Yerba Buena today, here’s a quick round up of what they have introduced to the world:
– 9 million iPhones were sold in the first weekend.
– 64% of iDevices are now running iOS 7
– Craig Federighi presented the new OS X – Mavericks – faster, more optimized and stable, and guess what, it’s completly FREE from now on and available today!
– New 13″ and 15″ MacBook Pros with Retina Display – starting from $ 1,999 – available today!
– The all new Mac Pro. 4 USB 3, Bluetooth 4, Wireless AC, HDMI, Motion Sensor, 6 Thunderbolt 2 and two Ethernet ports – starting from $ 2,999 – available in December.
– All new iLife and iWork suite – completly free from now on – for newly bought devices.
– The iPad – 170 million iPads sold so far. 81% market share belongs to the iPad.
– Apple announces the new iPad generation – the iPad Air – with 43% thinner bezel and 28% lighter than the iPad 4. No TouchID for this generation though. Space gray and Silver are the two available colors. New A7 64 bit processor, 10 hour battery life and starts from $499 – available in stores November 1st.
– iPad Mini is also refreshed – it gets the retina treatment, A7 64 bit processor, Space Grey and Silver as available colors, and starts from $399; will available in stores November 1st.
– New Smart Covers for $39 and Smart Cases for $79
You can watch the full keynote on the Apple website.