Published on October 22nd, 2013 | by neluttu
How to identify counterfeit and imitation Lightning connector accessories
You may have heard that Apple recommends using only accessories that are certified by Apple and come with the “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad” logo. Through this page, the fruit company shows you how to identify counterfeit or imitation lightning accessories.
Some companies manufacture accessories that are similar to Apple lightning cables and connectors, but are not certified by Apple and they can cause issues when used with your favourite iDevice. Some of these issues might be:
– Device damage – your iDevice might get really damaged by using a conterfeit lightning connector / cable
– Syncing issues – you might losed data while syncing your device to your Mac / PC
– Cable damage – in some cases, some cables will deteriorate fast
– Charging issues – your iDevice won’t fully charge its battery
– Cable doesn’t fit properly
– Connector end falling off
– Excessive heat in the connector
Cables and accessories manufactured by Apple have a Lightning connector and other unique features that distinguish them from cables and accessories not manufactured by Apple. Looking for these features can help you identify counterfeit or imitation cables and accessories.
The counterfeit samples below are limited; there are more variants than are shown below: